One of WPA’s primary objectives of the Maggies is to promote the pursuit of excellence among publishing & media professionals. The tools, training and information WPA provides are designed to improve skills, foster creativity and inspire the publishing community to do their best work.
WPA believes recognition is the best way to honor achievement. For more than sixty years, WPA has bestowed awards of excellence to deserving individuals and companies whose work is deemed “The Best in the West” in a wide variety of publishing categories.
The Annual MAGGIE Awards Banquet is the most prestigious publishing event in the West. Publishing professionals from 24 states gather to honor excellence in print and electronic publishing in over 100 editorial, design, promotional and event categories. A trademark of the MAGGIE ceremony is the high-tech, visually creative multimedia show featuring entries and MAGGIE winners from the current year.
Mark your calendar for the following important dates:
- Friday, Nov. 22 – MAGGIE 2014 Call4entries debuts on WPA website
- Friday, Nov. 29 – 2014 MAGGIE website opens (link located on WPA website front page)
- Monday Jan. 20 – MAGGIE competition deadline
- Mid-to-end Feb. – MAGGIE judging (offsite)
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Mar. 11-12 – MAGGIE judging (onsite in Torrance, CA)
- Week of Mar. 17 – MAGGIE Finalists announced
- Friday May 2 – MAGGIE banquet (Sheraton Gateway Hotel at Los Angeles International Airport)