About the Maggies
One of WPA’s primary objectives of the Maggies is to promote the pursuit of excellence among publishing & media professionals. The tools, training and information WPA provides are designed to improve skills, foster creativity and inspire the publishing community to do their best work.
WPA believes recognition is the best way to honor achievement. For more than sixty years, WPA has bestowed awards of excellence to deserving individuals and companies whose work is deemed “The Best in the West” in a wide variety of publishing categories.
The Annual MAGGIE Awards Banquet is the most prestigious publishing event in the West. Publishing professionals from 24 states gather to honor excellence in print and electronic publishing in over 100 editorial, design, promotional and event categories. A trademark of the MAGGIE ceremony is the high-tech, visually creative multimedia show featuring entries and MAGGIE winners from the current year.
If you would like to be on the MAGGIE e-mail list, please send your e-mail information to email@example.com.
- 2014 MAGGIE Call4entries now available on our WPA website
- 2014 MAGGIE website now open. Click here.
- Monday Jan. 20 – MAGGIE competition deadline
- Mid-to-end Feb. – MAGGIE judging (offsite)
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Mar. 11-12 – MAGGIE judging (onsite in Torrance, CA)
- Week of Mar. 17 – MAGGIE Finalists announced
- Friday May 2 – MAGGIE banquet (Sheraton Gateway Hotel at Los Angeles International Airport)
There are changes to our categories, both digital and print. Look for the word “NEW” next to these categories.
In addition, we will make a few changes to our upload requirements. ALL ENTRIES WILL NOW REQUIRE AN UPLOAD. Print publications will still be required to send in hard copies for those categories that judge the entree publication. Make sure you read the rules carefully before you begin. These additional uploads will be used for the MAGGIE show on award’s night.